At Corpus Christi RC Primary School, we appreciate the positive impact that the online world can have on children's education. We provide children with regular and rich opportunities to learn about the importance of staying safe online, both at home and at school.
• Participating in Safer Internet Day annually
• Online safety competitions
• Discussions with children during every Computing lesson or cross-curricular use of ICT about how to stay safe
• Computing units within the curriculum with a focus on leaving a positive digital footprint (such as website design in Year Five and online safety in Year Six)
• Workshops with children from outside agencies, such as the NSPCC
• Parent workshops
Below Parents and Carers can find some very useful guides produced by National Online Safety.
10 Top Tips for respect online Check in with friends guide 2022 Setting up parental controls Inspiring children to build a better digital world 2022 Info about phone scams Info about age appropriate content Apple guided access Parents guide to Fortnite Parents guide to Netflix Parents guide to Pokemon Go Parents guide to Roblox Setting up devices Parents guide to Snapchat Parents guide to TikTok Parents guide to Whatsapp Sharing kindness online